Melbourne Cup 2010 is upon us, and what an amazing field of possibilities. The favourite SO YOU THINK has proven the phenomenon horse, with 5 straight wins this campaign, including the Cox Plate and Mackinnon Stakes, with ease and by a few lengths. Shaping up to be a beauty, SO YOU THINK will need to extend that extra in distance to succeed today. Many runners of today’s Melbourne Cup haven’t yet run the distance, so may show something special. There are also a few good overseas horses running with a chance, and some possible surprises… Potentially a good result for multiples, longshot chances.
Melbourne Cup 2010 Video
The 3200 metre race will be run on a DEAD/SLOW track at Flemington, condition will be upgraded/downgraded throughout the day – I would rate it as SLOW for form purposes. Here are some tips for Melbourne Cup, to win, or for including in multiples:
Melbourne Cup tips
20. PRECEDENCE – sharp improver, great breeding for this – Zabeel (nz) – Kowtow (usa).
11. DESCARADO – extending well, by High Chaparral.
03. SO YOU THINK – phenomenal 4 year old favourite, by High Chaparral, ready to take them all out.
22. LINTON – extending beautifully, by Galileo, nicely weighted 52kg.
05. ILLUSTRIOUS BLUE – my favourite overseas horse in this field. Proven at the distance with good times.
Melbourne Cup 2010 Results
1st – 8. Americain W 12.30 P 3.60
2nd – 24. Maluckyday P 3.00
3rd – 3. So You Think P 2.10
4th – 4. Zipping