Welcome to my new WordPress plugin, ‘SSL for Logged In Users’. I could not find any plugin, that would simply keep the logged in user on secure SSL for the entire session, so I hacked this one up. Its a really simple plugin, and makes no changes to the database, sweet!
The plugin forces all logged in users to stay on SSL connection, while guests are still served http. Of course your site will need a valid SSL certificate properly installed, and working, in order to use this plugin. ‘SSL for Logged In Users’ is so easy to use, just install and activate – all done!
- SSL Login
- SSL enforced for entire logged-in session
- SSL for Admin and front-end of site
- No messing with ‘wp-config.php’ or ‘htaccess’ directives
- Easy to use, just install and activate on any SSL equipped site – no configuration required
- WordPress 3.5 compatible
- Network/Multisite compatible – can be activated on any sites in the Network, individually – sites should have a valid SSL certificate
- Buddypress compatible
- WP-Super-Cache compatible
- S2Member compatible
- Bulletproof Security compatible
* NOTE: The ‘force_ssl_admin’ and ‘force_ssl_login’ directives in ‘wp-config.php’ are not required while using this plugin.
Q: There are already SSL plugins available, why this one?
A: I could not find any plugin, that would simply keep the logged in user on SSL for the entire session, hence, ‘SSL for Logged In Users’.
Q: Will my website be secure just by using this plugin?
A: It keeps logged in users on SSL connection, so it helps.
For really strong security, I highly recommend the WordPress plugin Bulletproof Security – it provides the best WordPress security available.
SSL for Logged In Users
Share this via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.